Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) Training and Exam
Comprehensive 5-Day Training Program for Energy Managers
August 11-15, 2014 in Austin, TX
CEM Registration now open.
Early bird registration by 7/25/14 enters participant in a drawing for a $100 VISA card.
Location of the training is at Austin Energy’s System Control Center, 2500 Montopolis Drive.
Accommodations are available at several local hotels and motels.
Questions regarding the 2014 training may be directed to KLNilsson@CPSenergy.com or 210-353-2815.
- The Certified Energy Manager (CEM) credential is widely accepted and used as a measure of professional accomplishment within the energy management field.
- CEM has gained industry-wide use as the standard for qualifying energy professionals both in the US and abroad.
- CEM is recognized by the US Department of Energy, the Office of Federal Energy Management Programs (FEMP), and the US Agency for International Development, as well as by numerous state energy offices, major utilities, corporations, and energy service companies. See Companies and Government Agencies that Require a CEM.
- CEM is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) based on the International Standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024. ANSI Standard 17024 is well-recognized within the industry as the highest standard in personnel certification accreditation.
Our local Austin-San Antonio Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers has held lower cost and local CEM training every 2 to 3 years to make it more affordable for its members to gain certification. The price charged for the local 5-day training (including examination fee) is $400 less than the price advertised for the national training because our local chapter is paying the total cost of the instructors and materials up-front.
Each applicant will need to complete Part B (Starting on page 12) of the CEM application form and mail the application form.
DO NOT INCLUDE ANY PAYMENT with the form. (Because you are registering through the local Austin–San Antonio Chapter, the $400 APPLICATION FILING FEE and the EXAMINATION TESTING FEE that is requested on the application form ARE ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE LOCAL 5-DAY TRAINING.)
CEM Certification will be awarded upon obtaining at least a minimum score of 700 on the CEM exam and a minimum score of 700 on the Application Form data.
The NEW location of the Comprehensive 5-Day Training Program for Energy Managers is:
System Control Center
2500 Montopolis Drive
Austin, TX 78741
There are several hotels and motels close to the training facility.
- Hilton Austin Airport, 9515 Hotel Drive, 512-385-6767 (map)
- Quality Inn & Suites, 2751 TX Hwy 71 East, 512-385-1000 (map)
- Courtyard Marriott, 7809 E. Ben White Blvd., 512-386-7464 (map)
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 7712 E. Riverside Dr., 512-389-1616 (map)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 7625 E. Ben White Blvd., 512-386-6800 (map)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 7601 E. Ben White Blvd., 512-386-7600 (map)
- Comfort Suites, 7501 E. Ben White Blvd., 512-386-6000 (map)
1-mile or less:
- Holiday Inn, 6711 E. Ben White Blvd., 877-410-6681 (map)
- Super 8 Motel, 3120 Montopolis Dr., 512-334-4130 (map)
$1,795 – AEE members and AEE corporate members.
$1,825 – Non-members who would like one year membership ($30) to the Austin-San Antonio chapter.
$1,995 – Non-members.
All registrations and payment will be handled on-line.
To register, please complete the form below.