Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) Training and Exam
Comprehensive 5-Day Training Program for Energy Managers
January 27-31, 2020 in New Braunfels, TX
CEM Training, January, 2020.
Location: New Braunfels Utilities (NBU).
NBU Service Center Training Room
355 FM 306
New Braunfels, Texas
1) Download the important driving information instructions about the NBU Service Center below. There are two instructional items:
Questions regarding payments may be directed to KLNilsson@CPSenergy.com
- The Certified Energy Manager (CEM) credential is widely accepted and used as a measure of professional accomplishment within the energy management field.
- CEM has gained industry-wide use as the standard for qualifying energy professionals both in the US and abroad.
- CEM is recognized by the US Department of Energy, the Office of Federal Energy Management Programs (FEMP), and the US Agency for International Development, as well as by numerous state energy offices, major utilities, corporations, and energy service companies.
- CEM is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) based on the International Standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024. ANSI Standard 17024 is well-recognized within the industry as the highest standard in personnel certification accreditation.
Our local Austin-San Antonio Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers has held local CEM training every 2 to 3 years to make it more accessible for its members to gain certification. The cost for the local 5-day training (including examination fee) includes the $400 CEM application fee and $200 examination fee. Our local chapter coordinating the venue as well as covering the cost of the instructors and materials up-front.
Barry Benator/ 404-395-8065 / email@example.com
- 1/10/2020: CEM or EMIT applications due to CEM Certification Department
- 1/27/2020-1/30/2020: Classroom training
- 1/31/2020: Complete Classroom training, Testing
- 2/26/2020: Training completion CEU certificates arrive
AEE National has updated the CEM and EMIT application forms, if you have not started the application forms, please use the updated forms, see links below. If you have started the process please continue with your current application submission.
Links to Updated Application Forms
Attendees are encouraged to complete a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Exam Application or Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) Exam Application 3-4 weeks prior to taking the exam. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY PAYMENT WITH THE FORM. (Because you are registering through the local Austin–San Antonio Chapter, the $400 APPLICATION FILING FEE and the EXAMINATION TESTING FEE that is requested on the application form ARE ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE LOCAL 5-DAY TRAINING.)
If an applicant doesn’t meet one of the CEM eligibility criteria, they can still apply for the Energy Manager In-Training certification, EMIT. The EMIT certification is valid for six years, which allows applicants time to meet the full CEM certification eligibility requirements. Anyone who misses the 3-week deadline for the application submittal can still take the exam, but will need to complete an application waiver form on exam day and then submit the CEM or EMIT application at a later date. We encourage all students to submit the application ahead of time so they can be pre-approved for the certification. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Helen Johnson / 770-447-5083 x.218 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to the Training Students Should Review:
- Body of Knowledge and Study Guide available at www.aeecenter.org/CEMBoK
- Practice questions, helpful concept videos (free) and other resources are available at:
Students Should Bring to the Training:
- Calculator – Allowed calculators include scientific, business/financial or graphing calculator, unless it has internet capability. For example, TI 30, 30x, 35 and 35x range will work well. Business/Financial calculators offer the ability to quickly check ‘time value of money’ computations. Prohibited Calculators: Smartphones, tablet, or laptop computers, including PDAs, electronic writing pads or pen-input devices, calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices.
A light lunch is provided for the 4 days including coffee and pastries each morning. More details will be provided to registrants. Additional details will be provided.
Accommodations in the area:
Wingate – Wyndham New Braunfels
245 FM 306
New Braunfels 78130
Homewood Suites by Hilton
620 Oxford Dr
New Braunfels 78130
Cost (includes CEM Application Fee and Examination Fee)
$1,895 – AEE members and AEE corporate members.
$1,995 – Non-members.
3) Register for CEM Course
All registrations and payment will be handled on-line.
To register for the class, please complete the Austin-San Antonio registration form. **Download the Austin-San Antonio registration form here**
To pay for the CEM course, please complete the payment form below.
Note: (**This form uses PayPal. Please use Firefox or IE10 or higher)